Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Two Pink Hats...

Busy, busy, busy... I've been working hard to finish some special commission projects.  There have been several items on my project list nearing completion-- I'm finally checking them off and sending them on to happy homes.  These pretty little hats were among my favorites...

 don't be mislead
by what looks like a sunny day here...
 
these photos were taken
on a rare day a few weeks ago when the sun was out 
for about 2 hours in the afternoon...
 
 the embroidery and beadwork
on these hats is especially
pretty... 
 
 one of my cherished possessions
is this old painter's ladder...
the old chippy paint
stains are my
favorite...
 
every little flower
is accented with bead work...
 
 the leaves and vines
are also accented with beading...

this has been such a long and gray winter,
just being outside in the sunshine
 to take these photos
was sheer bliss!

this old ladder belonged
to my husband's
favorite Uncle...
it was great fun to drag it out
for these pictures..

these hats were some
of my most favorite so far...

the yarns are so 
incredibly 
soft..

so there you have it...
the tale of two pink hats...

Notes from me...
I'm on a serious countdown to Spring.  Cannot stand one more reminder of winter here at my house.  I have taken down all the winter decorations on the front porch and replaced them with a spring wreath and some spring flower decorations. 
 I. AM. Done. With. Winter.
 
 of course,
the weather is calling for snow showers
the next several days...
(guess the joke is on me!) 
 
 
The details are being finalized for my next charitable blog project.You will all be invited to participate... I think you will love this one!  I'll be posting more about this project sometime in early April.




I've been on a little reading binge --- loving our subscription to Kindle Unlimited.  My latest great reads are...
 




Thanks so much for your visits, comments, and emails.  I have tried to visit everyone who left a comment on my last post.  I treasure your visits and thoughts,....
I'll be back soon with another one of my finished projects.

Vicki
ps -- if you are on my Nesting list, you will be hearing from me soon.  Those little spring nests are in the works now...


21 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Those hats are so pretty in and of themselves, but the flowers and 'extras' just take them to a whole other level! It appears that the horrible 'W' is having yet another kick at us here - we've had snow, rain and now freezing rain. Everything is loaded down with ice. I'm with you in being so done with it all.

Createology said...

Gorgeous and so very soft and feminine looking. Love your beaded flowers and vines on these hats. Spring flowers and trees are blooming everywhere even though we still have a lot of Winter yet to hit us. Every year it snows and smashes my daffodils right down to the mud. May you have Spring very soon dear. Embracing Creative Bliss...

Hindustanka said...

Hi Vicki! Lovely, beautiful hats! The embellishment is so pretty:) How do you find time for all the things? Please tell more about charitable project!

Have a lovely sunny day!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Your pictures are very lovely and they give me a feeling of a soon to be spring. Even though we have not had a bad winter (except for a 30" snowstorm), I, also, am mentally done with winter. I am ready to replace my boots with gardening clogs and can't wait for long sunny days and a cooperative Mother Nature painting everything green.

Julia said...

Vicki, your pink hats are amazingly beautiful with the embellishments and look almost mystical with that soft fluffy yarn. A real feast for the eyes.Your creations keeps getting better and better.

I'm so done with winter too. I still have my winter wreath on the door but I guess it's time to bring out the Spring wreath.
We're having a mixed bag of weather with snow that turned to freezing rain and ice pellets. Now it's back at raining and it freezes as soon as it hits the ground. Add thunder to the mix. It's a dreary day and very grey outdoors.

February is on it's last leg and we will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary tomorrow, Friday on a very low key, the way I like it.
Hugs,
JB

Julie said...

Delightful hats, they look so lovely. Your little bit of sunshine does look nice, its been a sunny week here in the UK, but rather chilly during the evening/nights with waking up to very hard frosts....no snow though!
love and best wishes xx

Unknown said...

Vickie your work is as amazing as your presentations are. So unique. I am hoping to take part in your next charitable project. I will be watching. I did the Pink Scarf project and loved it.

Dorthe said...

My dear Vicki ,
I am so in love with your pink hat , the embroidery so very beautiful, and dreamlike, fairy like.It surely is springlike , and I can see the butterflies and birdies dancing around in the air around this adventure piece of art.

The wreath so lovely too, and your idea of adding the nest and egg so adorable deAR friend.
Here I`m also tired of winter, but still it is the heavy coat and hat when out walking.
I wish you a wonderful rest of the week, and lets hope March brings more warmth to us both.
Hugs from Dorthe

Sue Kosec said...

I love the head topper but I love the ladder most. It's the little things!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear about your next project. Excited to help when/where I can.

xo
SuZeQ

Mereknits said...

Those hats are amazing my friend. I think Spring will officially be here after this weekend, we are chilly right now so you must be too!
Hugs,
Meredith

Lace Age Girl said...

Hi Vicki,
Your sunny photos are beautiful. Here on the south coast of Australia we just had 41 degrees Celcius yesterday and we shrivelled at the beach!

I love your Spring wreath with its nest and egg and cheerful yellow flowers. What a splendid idea to deck your door for the season.

The embroidery on your hats is exquisite!
Happy soon to be Spring!

Jesse

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Dear Vicki, you talent never ceases to amaze me. Love, love your beautiful pink hats. Have an amazing weekend. Jo

marda said...

These hats are to die for...lucky are those who are receiving them.

I'm tired of winter but we've not had the bad weather one week after another here
in Idaho. Unseasonably warm for a few days, and then back to cold, but I won't
complain. Still, ready for some serious sunshine and actual warmer temps.
I like your idea of putting Spring décor up... that will at least help YOU think
Spring.

Suzanne McClendon said...

Wow! What beautiful hats! The yarn looks absolutely dreamy. :)

gigi knits said...

Your hats are beautiful. Love the shade of pink & all the extra flowers & beading make the one of a kind..

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Vicki, your knits are always sooo beautiful especially the bead work-so pretty.
we have been spoiled the last few weeks-a cold windy week-no snow though keep getting missed-and then its spring time on the weekends-lol love that

Eugenia Maru http://lulurulitos.blogspot.com said...

Tan lindos, tan suaves y un hermoso color.
Acá esperamos el otoño y el invierno. Sin nieve, pero con mucha lluvia y frío.
Saludos querida Vicki
Maru

Little Wandering Wren said...

Good on you for turning your back firmly on your grey winter, here's to a beautiful Spring, you deserve it. Mind you it looks like you have been making the most out of winter love your hats and so beautifully photographed especially amongst all the cute little birds :)
Wren x

Jen said...

Hello Vicki,Very pretty and so soft looking pink hats ,love the flowers and embelishing .Your spring wreath will make the sun shine. Here in Australia on the east coast we welcome Autumn .It has been a very hot summer well into the 40 C's!! I can't wait till it cools down a bit.
Loved seeing Sophie's dress ,beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oh your hats are beautiful Vicky.

They look like angora are they? I can see why it is sort of hard to give them up when you have put a lot of time into them.

The persons who get them . Will sure appreciate them for wear.
Fancy wear I would thing.

Esme said...

Those hats are so you. I cannot believe you are still having snow. Will winter never end for you. My poor Dad returns to Canada this week-he is in for a little winter.